Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
The KU School of Business promotes a diverse student body through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) student programs, including the Multicultural Business Scholars Program (MBSP) and the Summer Venture in Business program.
Your gift will support MBSP scholarships and activities, which help students with the transition from high school to college. Program activities include:
- Renewable scholarships
- Individual meetings with Steven Johnson Jr., the school’s director of DEI student programs, to discuss academic progress
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with peers and MBSP alumni
- Free tutoring services
- Monthly group meetings with campus partners and industry professionals
- Cultural programming events
Your gift also will support Summer Venture in Business programming for high school students who are underrepresented ethnic minorities or potential first-generation college students. The three-day program, delivered at no cost to these students, provides an early introduction to college life and business topics. Summer Venture in Business participants:
- Stay on campus in a KU residence hall on the Lawrence campus
- Receive college prep materials, including an Official ACT prep guide
- Attend modules about School of Business academic majors, workshops about careers in business, and social events
- Have their KU application fee waived upon completion of the program
Summer Research Competition Fund
Currently, the School of Business severely lacks an adequate number of professorships and fellowships — and those that the School of Business has provide compensation well below market rate.
As an innovative way to help retain our talented faculty, the school is launching a competitive summer research grant program. Your gift to this fund will provide necessary support for KU School of Business faculty. Eligible faculty will submit written proposals for research, and winners will be eligible to receive summer pay.